There's always something fun going on at our practice!
Contests, prizes, and new smiles! — We invite you to visit our practice and find out what's new this month!
Attention all active patients!!
Need a sponsorship for your club or team??
Contact our office for more info.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Happy Birthday to all our Facebook fans celebrating a birthday during the month of April! Here are a few famous people who were also born in April: Pharrell Williams (Singer/Producer), Kourtney Kardashian (Reality Star), Queen Elizabeth II (Royalty), Channing Tatum (Actor), Gigi Hadid (Super Model), Emma Watson (Actress), Jerry Seinfeld (Comedian), Pope Benedict (Religious Leader), Kelly Clarkson (Singer), David Ferrer (Tennis Player), Kristen Stewart (Actress), Jennifer Garner (Actress), Kate Hudson (Actress), John Cena (Wrestler/Actor) and Marshawn Lynch (NFL).
APRIL FOOLS – April 1st: Have you heard about the new service we are offering our patients? It’s called PHA (Personal Hygiene Assistance). For a small fee, one of our trained professionals will come to your home twice a day to brush and floss your teeth properly! To sign up for the service, call 1-800-AprilFools! LOL!
FINAL FOUR – April 1st: One of our favorite Saturday’s each year - The Final Four! Who are you cheering for?
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME – April 4th And then there were 2! The big game is tonight! Who are you cheering for?
QUOTE OF THE DAY – Michael Jordan” We expect great things from all our patients!
FACIAL PROTECTION MONTH – April
National Facial Protection Month:
April is National Facial Protection Month. We like to take this opportunity every year to remind our patients to wear mouth guards and appropriate protective gear when participating in activities that could cause injuries. The damage caused by a ball, puck or elbow to the face can be devastating, often resulting in serious injury and a lifetime of oral health issues. Here are a few quick tips on playing it safe when playing sports:
- Wear a mouth guard. Mouth guards are one of the least expensive forms of protective wear and they can help prevent jaw, mouth and teeth injuries caused by a collision or fall. Be sure to ask us about our favorite mouth guards.
- Wear a helmet. Helmets absorb the energy of an impact, and should be worn for activities like biking, skateboarding and in-line skating.
- Wear protective eyewear. Eyes are extremely vulnerable to injury during sports like soccer, baseball and hockey.
- Wear a face mask to avoid scratched or bruised skin. Protect that beautiful face of yours!
DENTAL HUMOR: Bubble wrap your athlete!
KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL MONTH – April:
Keep America Beautiful Month:
Keep America Beautiful celebrates its 2017 great American cleanup throughout the month of April, and we can all help. Pick up a bag of trash on an evening walk, recycle more items at home or plant flowers/trees in your yard. It takes everyone working together to keep America Beautiful, so let’s get busy!
NATIONAL HUMOR MONTH – April
National Humor Month:
So, why did the donut visit the dentist? . . . To get a new filling! This is the 38th anniversary of National Humor Month! Scientific research indicates that laughter and its ability to relieve stress may indeed be one of the great medical discoveries of our times. So, laughter really is the best medicine!
THURSDAY – April 6
POST-IT NOTES BIRTHDAY : Happy Birthday Post-it Notes
Happy birthday to the Post-it Note! Sunday will officially be 39 years since this great invention debuted in stores. So, take note and celebrate!
NATIONAL WALKING DAY– April 7th National Walking Day:
Today is National Walking Day. There are so many great benefits from simply taking a walk … it will improve your mood, stimulate your brain, lower your blood pressure, and so much more. Someone is probably ready to take a walk with you right now, so get up and go!
NO HOUSEWORK DAY – April 7th No Housework Day:
Yippee! It’s No Housework Day! Forget about making your bed, don’t take out the trash, ignore the dust and leave the dirty dishes. You can clean all that up tomorrow. Happy No Housework Day!
KIDS SAY: Kids Say - Terrificate:
My three-year-old daughter received a certificate of achievement. When my husband came home from work that evening, I handed him the cherished award. “Charlotte, would you like to tell your daddy what this is?” I asked. Charlotte thought for a moment. “Daddy,” she exclaimed in her proudest, most confident voice, “This is my terrificate!” … anonymous
LIBRARY WEEK – April 9th -15th
It’s Library Week! The Nook, Kindle, iPad, and other electronic devices have put a definite strain on library usage and popularity. It’s so sad. But, all libraries now offer free Wi-Fi and eBooks to keep up with technology. Take the time this week to visit the library and see how things have advanced. Happy Library Week!
NATIONAL SIBLINGS DAY– April 10th
National Siblings Day:
Today is National Siblings Day! Sure you fuss and fight, but we know that your brothers and sisters are near and dear to your heart. Give a shout out to your siblings here on our page today. Happy National Siblings Day!
WEDNESDAY – April 12
NATIONAL GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH DAY
It's National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day! Although it only requires three ingredients (bread, cheese, and butter), grilled cheese is one of the most popular comfort foods in the world. If you have a unique way of making a grilled cheese sandwich, tell us here so we can all give it a try!
BRACES FRIENDLY RECIPE:
Hash Brown and Egg Casserole
Here is a great braces-friendly recipe for breakfast this Easter weekend!
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Place the hash brown potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook and stir the sausage and onion until the sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and pour over the potatoes. Layer with half the Cheddar cheese, the sausage mixture, and the remaining Cheddar cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove cover; return casserole to the oven and bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
BRACES FRIENDLY RECIPE:
Ham and Cheese Pinwheels - these might be fun to make this weekend!
- 1 (8-oz.) tube crescent roll dough
- 1/2 lb. deli sliced ham
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 8 oz. sliced Swiss cheese
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-x-8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll dough and separate the sheet into rectangles. Pinch the perforations to seal. Spread mustard onto each rectangle. Top with sliced ham and cheese. Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle. Pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll into 5-6 slices. Place cut side up in baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic powder and parsley. Brush over pinwheels, then sprinkle poppy seeds on top. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the rolls are golden.
FRIDAY – April 14
EASTER SUNDAY- April 16th Easter:
Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter this Sunday!
TAX DAY – April 18th
Today is Tax Day! Usually, April 15 is the day taxes are due, but in 2017 that falls on a Saturday. So today’s the day to get it done!
Wire Talk is not always about wires! Today it is about Invisalign, the non-bracket approach to a new smile. Invisalign uses a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you're wearing. So, you can smile more during treatment as well as after. Invisalign is made with 3-D computer imaging technology and has been proven effective.
Not only are the aligners invisible, they are removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment. Plus, brushing and flossing are no problem, and they are very comfortable. Curious how it works? You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move — little by little, week by week — until they have straightened to the final position we have prescribed. You'll visit us about once every six-eight weeks to ensure your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case. Give us a call if you think Invisalign is right for you!