At the orthodontic office of Lisa King, DDS, MS, our aim is to provide the finest care in a professional environment that inspires trust and confidence. Dr. King and our team are committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, and high-quality orthodontic care. We strive to provide the utmost in orthodontic treatment using state-of-the-art technology and treatments. Our treatment options for children and adults include metal and ceramic brackets, as well as Invisalign® clear aligners and digital impressions with iTero®!
Contact our Albuquerque orthodontic office today to set up a complimentary consultation. Orthodontics can change a life forever, and we’re passionate about providing life-changing smiles to those in our community. We look forward to you joining our family and providing you with the best orthodontic treatment available!
November is our favorite month!
MONDAY – November 4
PEANUT BUTTER LOVERS MONTH
Nuts like almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts and macadamia nuts are not your friends when you have braces. BUT the good news is that you can have nut butters like peanut butter. Grab a spoon and dig in this
TUESDAY – November 5
Don’t rush your brush! Try to brush for 2 minutes twice a day!
If you didn’t have orthodontic treatment as a child, it’s not too late! On average, 25-30% of patients in orthodontic treatment are adults. Give us a call and schedule a consultation. Your journey to a beautiful smile could start today!
MONDAY – November 11
Today is Veterans Day - the day to honor and thank military personnel who served the United States in all wars. Thank you to ALL branches of the United States Military that protect our freedom. Happy Veterans Day!
Doesn’t soup sound like a good idea for dinner? Have it tonight because today just happens to be “Chicken Soup for the Soul Day”! Here’s a recipe for The Best Chicken Soup You’ll Ever Eat. We know it’s true because that is the actual name of the soup.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric (or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme, stems removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pearl or Israeli couscous
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- Place a large Dutch oven or pot over medium high heat and add in oil. Once oil is hot, add in garlic, onion, carrots and celery; cook for a few minutes until onion becomes translucent.
- Next add in grated ginger and grated turmeric. Sauté for 30 seconds to let the spices cook a bit, then add in chicken broth, chicken breast, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil, then stir in couscous. You’ll want the chicken to be covered by the broth so make sure you stir them down to the bottom.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board to shred with two forks.
- Add chicken back to pot then stir in frozen peas. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Recipe from www.realhousemoms.com
Retainer wear is a very important part of orthodontic treatment. It is estimated that 25% of people who wore braces could benefit from a second treatment because they failed to wear retainers in the manner suggested by the Orthodontist. Proper retainer wear CAN keep your smile beautiful for a lifetime!
MONDAY – November 18
Nothing makes us happier than to see you smile! As we celebrate all the things we’re thankful for this month, our patients are on the top of our list.
Some people love pie while others love cake. No problem! You can make everyone in the family happy. Here’s a recipe for a simple but delicious PUMPKIN PIE MAGIC CAKE:
- 1 (30 oz) can pumpkin pie mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks) melted
- 1 container white or vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Lightly spray the bottom only of a 9x13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer, (or large mixing bowl) mix together pumpkin pie mix and eggs.
- Then mix in cake mix and melted butter. Mix for a full 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for about 45-55 minutes (center of the cake shouldn't be jiggly).
- Allow cake to cool completely then spread the frosting on top.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve!
Recipe from www.thecountrycook.net
THURSDAY – November 28
On Thanksgiving, we count all our patients and their families as a blessing! We wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving. May your turkey be fat and your blessings be many!