There’s always something fun going on at our practice!
Contests, prizes, and new smiles! — We invite you to visit our practice and find out what's new this month!
- One TICKET for being on time for appointments
- One TICKET for not having anything loose or broken/bent
- One TICKET for appointment during school hours of 10-2
- One TICKET for satisfactory brushing
- Two TICKETS for excellent brushing
- Five TICKETS for referring a friend!
- Five TICKETS for not having a loose, broken, or bent appliance in a year.
- Five TICKETS for not having any broken or cancelled appointments in one year.
Please pick up your tickets at the front desk on your way out, thank you.
Drawing will take place once a month: five lucky patients will have the opportunity to win a gift card from our prize menu!!
Good luck and happy brushing!!
Have you checked out our Facebook and Instagram page? Visit our Facebook page at Simply Sensational Smiles and Instagram at Lkingortho and find out what the code word is for a chance to win a cool prize. Like us or tag us on Facebook or instagram for a chance to be entered into the grand prize drawing. Good luck and happy tagging. You’re It!!
Not all of us can do great things, But we can do small things to make a difference for others.. This holiday season we are running a few donation drives.. Please help us make this holiday season meaning full for those that need it. Thank you and Happy Hoildays ...
WEDNESDAY – December 4
SANTA’S LIST DAY
Today is Santa's List Day. We sure hope your name is on the “Nice” one!
FRIDAY – December 6
NATIONAL COTTON CANDY DAY - Saturday
Did you know that when cotton candy was first created it was referred to as Fairy Floss? It’s true, so Happy National Fairy Floss Day!
TUESDAY – December 10
In a popular survey, 50% of people said the SMILE is the first thing they notice. We can make your smile one that everyone notices too!
So many of our patients will be traveling to Grandma’s house for the holidays that we thought it might be a good time to remind you of a few travel safety tips for your braces!
Here are a few items you should be certain to have on hand in addition to your trusty toothbrush:
- Rubber Bands (if prescribed to wear)
- Tylenol or Ibuprofen
- Floss & Threaders
- Proxy Brush
Here are a few repair tips as well:
- Loose Band or Bracket: Leave it in place and try to put wax on it.
- Loose Wire: Try to put it back in place with tweezers. If you are not able to re-insert the wire, clip it using nail clippers behind the last tooth to which it is attached. Use wax if necessary.
- Poking Wire: Try to push it down using an eraser or use wax.
- Loose Appliance: Place wax on the appliance to keep it intact.
- Sore Teeth: Use warm saltwater rinses & take Tylenol or Ibuprofen as recommended.
(If you have a problem while you are away, please call our office when you return home, so we can determine if a repair appointment is necessary.) Tell Grandma we said Happy Holidays!
TUESDAY – December 17
Who has time to make Christmas candy tonight? Well, everyone does with this easy and braces-friendly fudge recipe!
Two Ingredient Fudge
- 1 Regular Jar of Peanut Butter
- 1 Can Vanilla or Chocolate Frosting
- Microwave the jar of PB for 1 minute and 30 seconds then pour in a bowl.
- Put frosting in microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour frosting into bowl with PB. Mix!
- Pour in a lined brownie pan and put in the refrigerator to set.
- Cut and enjoy!
FRIDAY – December 20
UGLY SWEATER DAY
Wear your ugly holiday sweater proudly today! We’d love to see it, so post your picture below!
THURSDAY – December 26
This Pizza recipe is the BEST way to eat Christmas leftovers. It has turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and more all in a puff pastry crust!
- 1 puff pastry sheet thawed according to the instructions on the package
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 5 tbsp gravy, divided
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup green bean casserole
- 1/2 cup chopped turkey
- 1/2 cup stuffing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup French fried onions
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Basil, parsley, or thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently press puff pastry sheet into a greased 9-inch tart pan (or use a 9-inch pie pan). Trim the corners and use them to fill in any empty spaces along the sides of the pan.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the bottom and drizzle with two tablespoons of gravy.
- Sprinkle with corn and green bean casserole.
- Top with turkey, stuffing, and three tablespoons of gravy.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with French fried onions and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with basil, parsley or thyme and freshly ground black pepper.
FRIDAY – December 27
Did you know that your teeth have a memory? Well, they do. If you don’t remind them of what your orthodontic treatment has achieved by wearing a retainer, they can forget and try to move back to their original position. Retention is a very important part of your treatment that can guarantee your beautiful new smile will last a lifetime!
TUESDAY – DECEMBER 31
NEW YEAR’S EVE
Happy New Year’s Eve from Dr Lisa King Orthodontics! Have a wonderful and safe evening saying goodbye to 2019. We certainly hope it was a very good year for you and yours!