There's always something fun going on at our practice!
Contests, prizes, and new smiles! — We invite you to visit our practice and find out what's new this month!
STAMP CARD PROGRAM
Patient Reward Program Effective January 2019
- One TICKET for being on time for appointments
- One TICKET for not having anything loose or broken/bent
- Brushing grade:
Two TICKET for excellent brushing
One TICKET FOR satisfactory brushing
- One Ticket for appointment during school hours of 10-2
- Five TICKETS for referring a friend!
- Five TICKETS for not having a loose, broken or bent appliance in a year.
- Five TICKETS for not having any broken or cancelled appointments in one year
Please drop your tickets at ticket box on your way out, thank you.
Drawing will take place once a month: five lucky patients will have the opportunity to win a Gift Card from our prize menu!!
Good luck and happy brushing!!
Have you checked out our Facebook page? Visit our page at Simply Sensational Smiles and find out what the code word is for a chance to win a cool prize. Like us or tag us on Facebook for a chance to be entered into a end of the Grand prize drawing. Good Luck and happy tagging. Your It!!
MONDAY – April 1
We promise to make the month of April a little bit foolish and a whole lot of fun at our practice and on our social media, so be sure to follow us along the way!
NATIONAL FACIAL PROTECTION MONTH
April is National Facial Protection Month. We like to take this opportunity every year to remind our patients to wear mouth guards and appropriate protective gear when participating in activities that could cause injuries. The damage caused by a ball, puck or elbow to the face can be devastating, often resulting in serious injury and a lifetime of oral health issues. Here are a few quick tips on playing it safe when playing sports:
- Wear a mouth guard. Mouth guards are one of the least expensive forms of protective wear and they can help prevent jaw, mouth and teeth injuries caused by a collision or fall. Be sure to ask us about our favorite mouth guards.
- Wear a helmet. Helmets absorb the energy of an impact, and should be worn for activities like biking, skateboarding and in-line skating.
- Wear protective eyewear. Eyes are extremely vulnerable to injury during sports like soccer, baseball and hockey.
- Wear a face mask to avoid scratched or bruised skin. Protect that beautiful face of yours!
WEDNESDAY – April 10
NATIONAL SIBLINGS DAY
Today is National Siblings Day! Give yours a shout out below. Happy National Siblings Day!
What do you notice first when you meet someone new?
NATIONAL PET DAY
Happy National Pet Day! Today we celebrate the family pet. Dogs, cats, goldfish, whatever you love at your house, post a picture below and tell us their name. We’ll celebrate them too!
Brush your pet's teeth when they are calm and relaxed. Set a routine. Working up to brushing daily is ideal. But if their mouth is healthy, even three days a week can make a difference. Now … flossing your family pet may not be your best idea!
FRIDAY – April 12
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH DAY
Can’t you just taste it! And it’s braces friendly!
Woohoo! We’re ready. Are you?
MONDAY – April 15
Today is Tax Day! Orthodontic treatment is a wonderful way to invest a tax refund. There are not many other things you will invest in that can last a lifetime!
Braces are not what they used to be! From ceramic and clear to invisible and removable trays, treatment has never been faster, more comfortable or less obvious. Set an appointment today to learn more about the treatment options we offer – one will be perfect for you!
TUESDAY – April 16
We dress people in SMILES all the time!
The American Association of Orthodontists estimates that over 1,000,000 adults in the United States and Canada are receiving orthodontic treatment from members of the AAO. Some benefits of correcting orthodontic problems in adults include:
- Helps prevent or improve periodontal problems.
- Helps prevent or reduce bone loss around teeth.
- Improves the ability of the dentist to restore missing teeth.
- Improves the aesthetics for a better smile and facial appearance.
- Improves tooth function.
- Improves self-confidence.
- Improves oral health.
Braces are no longer considered an inconvenience for adults with our clear bracket system and Invisalign options. Having a beautiful smile and a healthy & functional bite could be just months away for you. Parents, consider setting up a complimentary exam with us to evaluate your orthodontic needs and to take advantage of your family discount. A beautiful and healthy smile is truly ageless!
WEDNESDAY – April 17
Who will be the first to guess this rebus puzzle? Hint: Take good care of yours and hopefully you’ll never have them!
It’s the little things - ha! https://gifs.com/gif/surprise-final-4ROr3g
We hope your day is full of curvy SMILES!
THURSDAY – April 18
NATIONAL HIGH FIVE DAY
We’re sending a big High Five to all our patients out there to celebrate!
Wearing rubber bands (elastics) when the doctor prescribes them is a very important part of your orthodontic treatment with braces. They align your bite and are very important for the bite-fixing phase of orthodontic treatment, so please wear them except when you are eating or brushing/flossing.
FRIDAY – April 19
Hope you get a chocolate salad this weekend!
Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter Sunday!
MONDAY – April 22
Today is Earth Day! Earth Day is focused on Ending Plastic Pollution by Earth Day 2020, the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. See if you can go all day without using plastic and then be mindful of it in the future. Thank you earth!
BRACES FRIENDLY RECIPE
Wondering what to do with all those extra hard-boiled eggs from Easter? Here’s a delicious suggestion:
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic powder, pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- Halve eggs and discard 4 of the yolks (or save for another use). Add whites and the remaining 4 yolks to the bowl and mash to desired consistency. Gently stir in avocado, bacon and blue cheese.
TUESDAY – April 23
GO AHEAD - TALK ABOUT US
The greatest compliment a patient can pay us is to refer their family and friends to our practice. We thank you for talking about us, and we promise to treat your referrals with the best of care just as we do you! Share if you would like to refer a friend to our practice!
QUOTE OF THE DAY
Give your teeth some sunshine today and SMILE!
WEDNESDAY – April 24
ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS DAY
The administrative staff in our practice is the BEST! Help us celebrate them by giving them a shout out below!
Right? Don’t forget that you can still eat pizza in braces, but the KIND of pizza is important. Soft-crust pizza is ideal; thin-crust or any tougher crust can damage your braces and get stuck. And, it’s always a good idea to cut it into bitesize pieces if you can!
THURSDAY – April 25
We started our posts this month celebrating National Facial Protection Month. Since it is coming to an end, we would like to remind our patients who play sports one more time that it is very important to wear a mouth guard to protect your teeth and mouth from injuries. Be sure to ask us about the best mouth guard options for your active lifestyle and for your braces. We will be glad to advise you! Also, always wear a helmet when participating in contact sports or bike riding.
YEAH TREES! Arbor Day is an annual observance that celebrates the role of trees in our lives and promotes tree planting and care. As a formal holiday, it was first observed in 1872 in Nebraska, but tree planting festivals are as old as civilization.
NATIONAL PRETZEL DAY
We’re going to rename this “National Soft Pretzel Day” for our patients. There really is nothing better than a warm soft pretzel at a ballgame or to happen upon an Auntie Anne’s in a mall and get one right out of the oven. The best way to celebrate today is to search until you find one!
MONDAY – April 29
1) POTENTIAL PROBLEMS CAN BE IDENTIFIED EARLY. When children reach the age of 7, their adult molars have typically emerged to establish the back bite. This is when an orthodontist can access the tooth relationships. This provides the orthodontist with insights on any potential problems, such as an overbite, underbite, crowded teeth or a gummy smile.
2) JAW GROWTH CAN BE GUIDED AT AN EARLY AGE. Some children require early orthodontic treatment to help guide jaw growth to ensure they have a proper bite. This early treatment can consist of using special orthodontic appliances to guide the growth of the jaw while the child is still developing and growing.
3) AN ORTHODONTIST CAN HELP BREAK BAD ORAL HABITS. Bad oral habits like thumb-sucking or tongue thrusting can cause misaligned teeth and changes to the jaw shape. There are various orthodontic treatments available to help correct these habits and the sooner they’re addressed, the less damage they may cause.
4) NON-ERUPTED TEETH CAN BE CHECKED. An orthodontist can take X-rays to see what is taking place underneath the gums such as the position and growth of bones and joints and the teeth that have yet to erupt. This allows the orthodontist to plan any necessary treatment early for the best possible outcome. Taking your child to the orthodontist early give them the best opportunity to have a straight, healthy and beautiful smile that can last a lifetime.
5) EARLY TREATMENT CAN BE EASIER AND LESS COSTLY. Because it’s often easier to treat many types of orthodontic problems when a child is young, early treatment is often less complicated and less costly than treatment received later in life.
6) GIVES THE CHILD SELF-CONFIDENCE. Having straight teeth and a beautiful smile can provide a child with a big boost of self-confidence. When a child receives needed orthodontic treatment early in life, they will feel good about themselves and be proud to smile around others.
7) PAVES THE WAY TO A HEALTHY AND BEAUTIFUL SMILE. Taking your child to the orthodontist when they are young gives them the best opportunity to have a straight, healthy and beautiful smile than can last a lifetime.
TUESDAY – April 30
NATIONAL HONESTY DAY
On National Honesty Day we would like to HONESTLY say that we love all our patients! Can you make it all day being completely honest?
It’s been fun April, but we’re moving on!