There’s always something fun going on at our practice!
Contests, prizes, and new smiles! — We invite you to visit our practice and find out what's new this month!
- One TICKET for being on time for appointments
- One TICKET for not having anything loose or broken/bent
- One TICKET for appointment during school hours of 10-2
- One TICKET for satisfactory brushing
- Two TICKETS for excellent brushing
- Five TICKETS for referring a friend!
- Five TICKETS for not having a loose, broken, or bent appliance in a year.
- Five TICKETS for not having any broken or cancelled appointments in one year.
Please pick up your tickets at the front desk on your way out, thank you.
Drawing will take place once a month: five lucky patients will have the opportunity to win a gift card from our prize menu!!
Good luck and happy brushing!!
Have you checked out our Facebook and Instagram page? Visit our Facebook page at Simply Sensational Smiles and Instagram at Lkingortho and find out what the code word is for a chance to win a cool prize. Like us or tag us on Facebook or instagram for a chance to be entered into the grand prize drawing. Good luck and happy tagging. You’re It!!
NATIONAL ORTHODONTIC HEALTH MONTH
It’s our month to celebrate! The month of October is National Orthodontic Health Month. We feel very blessed to work in this wonderful profession and we send a special thank you to all the patients we have had the opportunity to make “SMILE” since we’ve been in business. Please help us celebrate by telling your friends or family, who could benefit from orthodontic treatment, to come in for an evaluation and be sure they tell us that you sent them. Happy NOHM!
THURSDAY – October 3
NATIONAL DENTAL HYGIENE MONTH
In addition to being National Orthodontic Health Month, October is also National Dental Hygiene Month. So much to smile about this month! Good oral hygiene is even more important when you are in braces. Be sure to see your Dentist for regular hygiene appointments throughout your treatment.
FEEL GOOD POST
Want a feel-good moment today? Which would you pick if you were a student – the heart, the hands, or the music note? https://www.facebook.com/camila.canolaguimaraes/videos/2421162541304075/
FRIDAY – October 4
BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
Go pink this month for Breast Cancer Awareness. We support the efforts of all those involved in research and prevention. Wear pink this month as much as possible to help bring awareness to this important cause. We are BRACED FOR A CURE!
WORLD SMILE DAY
World Smile Day has been celebrated on the first Friday of October since 1999. It is a day when people are encouraged to put a smile on the faces of their fellow man. BTW, today just happens to also be “Do Something Nice Day”. Making someone smile sure would be a nice thing for you to do today!
Smiling is contagious, you catch it like the flu.
When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner, and someone saw my grin.
When he smiled I realized, I'd passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile, then I realized its worth,
A single smile, just like mine, could travel round the earth.
So if you feel a smile begin, don't leave it undetected.
Let's start an epidemic quick and get the world infected!!!
- Author unknown
Never underestimate the importance of the final phase of orthodontic treatment – retention! Teeth have memories; they can and will move after braces are removed without proper retainer use. Once your orthodontic treatment comes to an end, we’ll give you the retainers and instructions to help your beautiful new smile last a lifetime!
Not only is it TACO TUESDAY, October is National Chili Month. Let there be chili!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 10 oz. package frozen corn kernels
- 2 (10 oz.) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 4 oz. can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomato, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and mix well.
- Nestle the chicken in to completely cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- Top with fresh cilantro and your favorite toppings!
Recipe from: www.skinnytaste.com
WEDNESDAY – October 9
As we celebrate National Orthodontic Health Month, here’s an important reminder about the magical age of 7! Most children will have all their 6-year molars and at least four of their permanent anterior teeth when they turn 7. By monitoring a child's growth and development, we can spot subtle problems with jaw growth and emerging teeth while baby teeth are present. Call our office today for a complimentary consultation.
We’re all about smiles and laughter at our practice anyway, but here’s an even better reason to giggle! Scientists at Vanderbilt University found that laughing can stoke your calorie burn by up to 20 percent. So, let’s all have a healthy dinner and add a little laughter for dessert!
MONDAY – October 14
Everybody knows that regularly brushing their teeth is an essential part of a good oral hygiene routine. It's good to be thorough but brushing too hard can do more harm than good. Excessive or high-pressure brushing can irritate the gums and erode the enamel, potentially leading to increased sensitivity and even cavities. The solution? Try to be a bit gentler on your teeth when you brush and look for a soft-bristled toothbrush approved by the ADA (American Dental Association).
THURSDAY – October 31
Have a fun and safe Halloween tonight:
- Wear costumes that are bright and reflective. Make sure that shoes fit well and that costumes are short enough to prevent tripping, entanglement or contact with flame.
- Walk, slither, and sneak on sidewalks, not in the street, and don’t hide or cross between parked cars.
- Look both ways before crossing the street to check for cars, trucks, and low-flying brooms.
- Wear light-colored or reflective-type clothing so you are more visible, and remember to put reflective tape on bikes, skateboards, and brooms too!
- Plan your route and share it with your family. If possible, have an adult go with you.
- Carry a flashlight to light your way.
- Keep away from open fires and candles. Costumes can be extremely flammable.
- Visit homes that have the porch light on.
- Be cautious of animals, strangers and goblins!
- Have a grown-up inspect your treats before eating, and don’t eat candy if the package is already opened. Remember that small, hard pieces of candy are a choking hazard for young children.
- Know your home phone number and how to call 9-1-1 if you have an emergency or become lost.
- Take extra effort to eliminate tripping hazards on your porch and walkway.
- Brush and floss after enjoying your Halloween treats!
We know you’re having candy tonight – don’t forget to brush before you go to bed so your teeth will be BOOtiful in the morning!