There's always something fun going on at our practice!
Contests, prizes, and new smiles! — We invite you to visit our practice and find out what's new this month!
STAMP CARD PROGRAM
Patient Reward Program Effective January 2019
- One TICKET for being on time for appointments
- One TICKET for not having anything loose or broken/bent
- Brushing grade:
Two TICKET for excellent brushing
One TICKET FOR satisfactory brushing
- One Ticket for appointment during school hours of 10-2
- Five TICKETS for referring a friend!
- Five TICKETS for not having a loose, broken or bent appliance in a year.
- Five TICKETS for not having any broken or cancelled appointments in one year
Please drop your tickets at ticket box on your way out, thank you.
Drawing will take place once a month: five lucky patients will have the opportunity to win a Gift Card from our prize menu!!
Good luck and happy brushing!!
Have you checked out our Facebook page? Visit our page at Simply Sensational Smiles and find out what the code word is for a chance to win a cool prize. Like us or tag us on Facebook for a chance to be entered into a end of the Grand prize drawing. Good Luck and happy tagging. Your It!!
SUNDAY – December 2
HANUKKAH – December 2nd – December 10th
The 8-day festival of lights, Hanukkah, begins tonight and ends the evening of December 10th. Wishing all our Jewish patients and Facebook friends a Blessed and Happy Hanukkah!
MONDAY – December 3
December is here – a busy month for sure but filled with so much joy! Make sure you check your FB daily this month for some fun posts from us to make your season bright!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PATIENTS:
Happy Birthday to all our patients and FB friends born in December! We hope you day explodes with fun! https://www.jibjab.com/view/make/exploding_box/5c851ff2-aede-4235-a694-05f41de55a6b
SANTA’S LIST DAY
Today is Santa's List Day. We sure hope your name is on the “Nice” one!
TUESDAY – December 4
NATIONAL MADE IN AMERICA MONTH
President Ronald Reagan declared December “National Made in America Month” in 1985. See how many gifts you can purchase that state “Made in America” this holiday season!
Can you guess this Rebus Puzzle?
WEDNESDAY – December 5
SAFE TOYS AND GIFTS MONTH
December is National Safe Toys and Gifts Month! Remember to ask all the important questions when holiday shopping: Is this a safe toy? Is it age appropriate? Are fabric toys flame resistant? Make it a “safe” toy season for all the young friends on your shopping list.
We promise to take them all off when the time is right!
THURSDAY – December 6
Orthodontics:Orthodontics is far more than just a cosmetic investment. While correcting your bite, orthodontics also alleviates an array of health problems, including:
- Difficulty speaking
- Breathing issues
- Problems chewing and swallowing
When it comes to your mouth, orthodontic treatment is pretty and practical.
It’s nice to have a friend you can depend on! https://www.facebook.com/wixdaES/videos/591626371190283/
FRIDAY – December 7
PEARL HARBOR DAY
Celebrated annually on December 7th, National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day commemorates the attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii during World War II. Here are a few important details about this significant day in history.
- The attack on Pearl Harbor ran from 7:55 am to 9:45 am or about 110 minutes.
- The Japanese traveled over 3,400 miles to execute their attack.
- The attack was launched by the Japanese in two waves set about 45 minutes apart from each other.
- Japanese fleet consisted of over 350 planes.
- “Operation Hawaii” & “Operation Z” were the Japanese codenames for the attack.
- During this attack, 2,403 American servicemen were killed, and more than 1200 servicemen were injured.
NATIONAL COTTON CANDY DAY
Did you know that when cotton candy was first created it was referred to as Fairy Floss?
MONDAY – December 10
It would be wonderful if some of our patients could be inspired during their treatment to consider Orthodontics as a profession! So, let us tell you a little about the process. There are three steps in an orthodontist’s education: college, dental school, and orthodontic school.
Similar to becoming a medical specialist, such as a surgeon or an internist, orthodontists complete orthodontic residency program for two to three years after dental school.
While there’s some instruction regarding orthodontics in dental school, it is minimal. It’s in the orthodontic residency program that orthodontists receive intensive instruction to learn proper, safe tooth movement (orthodontics) and the guidance of dental, jaw and facial development (dentofacial orthopedics). These extra years of schooling make the orthodontist the dental specialist in moving teeth and aligning jaws. This is the only focus of their practice.
Can you guess this Rebus Puzzle?
TUESDAY – December 11
Apple Pie Bread: So easy and so delicious!
Apple Pie Bread
- 1 can apple pie filling, mashed
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 medium chopped apple
Whisk all dry ingredients, add wet ingredients. Fold in apples. Pour in 2 loaf pans, greased. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top. Bake in 325-degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
With Invisalign technology most people will not even know you are in treatment. Set up an appointment soon to see if this invisible option is right for you!
WEDNESDAY – December 12
CHRISTMAS CAROL BRAINTEASER:
Can you decipher this common Christmas Carols?
Ten plus two twenty-four hour periods of holiday festivity
The greatest compliment anyone can pay us is to refer their family and friends. Thank you for talking about us!
THURSDAY – December 13
Just think how excited your “FRIENDS” will be when they see your beautiful new smile! Click link below...
FRIDAY – December 14
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE COVERED ANYTHING DAY
Sunday is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day! Is it true that “anything” is good covered in chocolate?
We want to be your FAMILY’s orthodontic practice. Ask about out family discounts!
MONDAY – December 17
If you haven’t met Mila, we promise you’ll want more … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W03iS0IcmmI
So many of our patients will be traveling to Grandma’s house for the holidays that we thought it might be a good time to remind you of a few travel safety tips for your braces!
Here are a few items you should be certain to have on hand in addition to your trusty toothbrush:
- Rubber Bands (if prescribed to wear)
- Tylenol or Ibuprofen
- Floss & Threaders
- Proxy Brush
Here are a few repair tips as well:
- Loose Band or Bracket: Leave it in place and try to put wax on it.
- Loose Wire: Try to put it back in place with tweezers. If you are not able to re-insert the wire, clip it using nail clippers behind the last tooth to which it is attached. Use wax if necessary.
- Poking Wire: Try to push it down using an eraser or use wax.
- Loose Appliance: Place wax on the appliance to keep it intact.
- Sore Teeth: Use warm salt water rinses & take Tylenol or Ibuprofen as recommended.
(If you have a problem while you are away, please call our office when you return home, so we can determine if a repair appointment is necessary.) Tell Grandma we said hello and have a Happy Holiday!
TUESDAY – December 18
BAKE COOKIES DAY
Today is Bake Cookies Day! Get in the kitchen tonight and start baking those yummy holiday cookies. And, be sure to bake some extras for gifts!
ANSWER THE PHONE LIKE BUDDY THE ELF DAY
Answer the Phone like Buddy the Elf Day:
We dare you to have a little holiday fun today! Simply answer the phone and say “(Insert your Name) the Elf, what’s your favorite color?” #AnswerThePhoneLikeBuddyTheElfDay
CHRISTMAS CAROL BRAINTEASER:
Can you decipher this common Christmas Carols?
Festoon the Corridors
WEDNESDAY – December 19
Don’t forget that THREADERS are the key to making flossing easier when you are wearing braces!
Just 6 days until Christmas! “Like” if you’re excited too!
THURSDAY – December 20
NATIONAL RE-GIFTING DAY:
We hope Santa and his Dancing Reindeer find you on Christmas Eve! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFK5RxSF7k8
FRIDAY – December 21
FIRST DAY OF WINTER:
Today marks the first day of winter! Today we have the shortest hours of daylight and the longest night of the year. That makes tonight a perfect night to sip hot chocolate by a fireplace and celebrate the official beginning of winter!
If you have a decoration pet disaster, we’d love to see a picture right here!
MONDAY – December 24
Such an important thing to remember this time of the year!
TUESDAY – December 25
Dr. King and the staff want to wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas! May the gift of family, love and laughter fill your homes today and throughout the New Year!
Did you know that the American Dental Association was highlighted in this Christmas classic? Click the link below and enjoy!
WEDNESDAY – December 26
NATIONAL THANK YOU NOTE DAY
Today is National Thank You Note Day - an absolutely perfect day to thank all the wonderful friends and family for the thoughtful gifts you received for the holidays. Consider this our Thank You Note to you for being our Facebook Friend!
What a great way to use your leftover turkey from Christmas!
Easy Homemade Turkey Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 6 cups turkey stock
- Reserved turkey meat
- Sea salt, to taste
- Optional: cooked egg noodles (omit for paleo + Whole30)
- Parsley, to serve
- Remove all the meat from the turkey and reserve 3 cups for the soup. If you've cooked your stuffing in the turkey, make sure to remove it all.
- Break the roast turkey into 3 or 4 pieces small enough that they will fit in your largest pot. Fill the pot with cold water so that the water comes 2 inches above the bones. Bring the pot almost to a boil then reduce the heat so that it is barely simmering. You want the water to moving around, but not bubbling. Cook for 8-10 hours, leaving the lid off. (See notes if you'd like to use your crockpot instead.)
- Strain the turkey stock through a colander into a large bowl and discard the solids. Strain once more through a fine mesh sieve. You can either use the turkey stock immediately or let it cool and refrigerate it for up to 3 days or freeze it for up to 3 months.
Homemade Turkey Soup:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the carrot and cook until it begins to brown in a few places, about 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, turkey stock, and the reserved turkey meat to the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the carrots and celery are soft. Season to taste generously with sea salt.
- If you're using the egg noodles, add them cooked to your soup bowl, ladle in the soup, and garnish with a little sprinkle of parsley.
- If you'd like to use your crockpot to make the turkey stock, put all the bones in, fill with water, and set the timer for 8-10 hours.
- If you follow paleo, Whole30 or gluten-free diets, make sure to not add the optional egg noodles. The soup is delicious without them, too.
- If you don't have a lot of turkey meat left, you can substitute chicken. Simmer 2 chicken breasts in 1 cup of turkey stock for 30 minutes then shred them with 2 forks. www.theendlessmeals.com
THURSDAY – December 27
NATIONAL FRUIT CAKE DAY
Think about it … think about it … FROSTBITE!
FRIDAY – December 28
A NEW YEAR could mean a NEW YOU! Make 2019 the year that you get started on a beautiful new smile. Call us today to schedule your complimentary evaluation.
CARD PLAYING DAY
Since today is Card Playing Day, we just had to share this video with 5 amazing facts about Playing Cards. This is some very interesting trivia! Happy Card Playing Day! Click link and enjoy!!
Today is BACON DAY! Can’t you just smell it cooking?
MONDAY – DECEMBER 31
NEW YEAR’S EVE
Happy New Year’s Eve from Dr Lisa King and Staff ! Have a wonderful and safe evening saying goodbye to 2018. We certainly hope it was a very good year for you and yours!