There's always something fun going on at our practice!
Contests, prizes, and new smiles! — We invite you to visit our practice and find out what's new this month!
STAMP CARD PROGRAM
Patient Reward Program Effective January 2019
- One TICKET for being on time for appointments
- One TICKET for not having anything loose or broken/bent
- Brushing grade:
Two TICKET for excellent brushing
One TICKET FOR satisfactory brushing
- One Ticket for appointment during school hours of 10-2
- Five TICKETS for referring a friend!
- Five TICKETS for not having a loose, broken or bent appliance in a year.
- Five TICKETS for not having any broken or cancelled appointments in one year
Please drop your tickets at ticket box on your way out, thank you.
Drawing will take place once a month: five lucky patients will have the opportunity to win a Gift Card from our prize menu!!
Good luck and happy brushing!!
Have you checked out our Facebook page? Visit our page at Simply Sensational Smiles and find out what the code word is for a chance to win a cool prize. Like us or tag us on Facebook for a chance to be entered into a end of the Grand prize drawing. Good Luck and happy tagging. Your It!!
MONDAY – JUNE 3
If you’re having a birthday during JUNE, we certainly hope it’s a perfectly perfect day!
NATIONAL FRESH FRUIT AND VEGETABLES MONTH
June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month. Eating more fruits and veggies is essential to a healthy diet and good for your teeth!
TUESDAY – JUNE 4
NATIONAL CHEESE DAY
Say CHEESE, it’s National Cheese Day! Americans consume, on average, around 31 pounds of cheese a year! From grilled cheese sandwiches to mac & cheese to cheesecake, today is all about being cheesy. For our patients in braces, we suggest you stick with soft cheeses.
If you know someone considering direct-to-consumer orthodontic treatment, you should really take a few minutes to review this information from the American Association of Orthodontists!
WEDNESDAY – JUNE 5
DAIRY MONTH - June
The calcium in cheese, and the calcium and phosphates in milk and other dairy products, help put back minerals your teeth might have lost due to other foods. They also help rebuild tooth enamel. So, let’s all celebrate Dairy Month the best way we know how – do dairy!
GLOBAL RUNNING DAY (If your doctor is a runner, use their picture with this!)
Today is Global Running Day! If you’re not a runner, just try a slow jog around the block. Who knows, that might just turn into a mile, then a marathon. Happy National Running Day!
If you see the formula to get the answers, like and share!
THURSDAY – JUNE 6
NATIONAL HIGHER EDUCATION DAY
As we celebrate National Higher Education Day, please tell us where you attended college or what your plans are in the future.#nationalhighereducationday #becomeanorthodontist
FRIDAY – JUNE 7
NATIONAL DONUT DAY
Today is National Donut Day, so we give all our patients the doctor’s permission to enjoy them! If you happen to be near a Krispy Kreme, be sure to stop in – they usually give away free donuts on National Donut Day!
NATIONAL BEST FRIENDS DAY
Saturday is National Best Friends Day! Like and Share this with your BFF to celebrate! Feel free to post a picture or a comment of your best friend below.
Have a fabulous weekend!
MONDAY – JUNE 10
Prolonged pacifier use may cause problems with the proper growth of the mouth and the alignment of teeth. It also can cause changes in the roof of the mouth. We suggest that children should stop using pacifiers by age 2.
With school ending, thoughts turn to vacation time! Wherever your summer travels take you, don’t forget to pack for your braces. Here are a few items you should be certain to have on hand in addition to your toothbrush:
- Rubber Bands (if prescribed to wear)
- Tylenol or Ibuprofen
- Floss & Threaders
- Proxy Brush
The following is intended to provide general information regarding how you might treat some of the more common orthodontic emergencies while traveling:
- Loose Band or Bracket: Leave it in place and try to put wax on it.
- Loose Wire: Try to put it back in place with tweezers. If you are not able to re-insert the wire, clip it using nail clippers behind the last tooth to which it is attached. Use wax if necessary.
- Poking Wire: Try to push it down using an eraser or use wax.
- Loose Appliance: Place wax on the appliance to keep it intact.
- Sore Teeth: Use warm saltwater rinses & take Tylenol or Ibuprofen as recommended.
This is so worth repeating as we celebrate great dads all week leading up to Father’s Day. What a positive way for every child to start the day! Way to go Dad! https://www.facebook.com/DailyMail/videos/1491315827594827/
Tips to Prevent Tooth Discoloration After Teeth Whitening:
- Avoid stain-causing foods and beverages like coffee, tea, wine, sports drinks, hard candy, berries and tomato sauce.
- Using a straw when drinking beverages will help keep stain-causing dyes away from your teeth.
- Quit smoking if you do! Smoking tobacco can cause teeth to become discolored. Eliminating tobacco can help keep your teeth bright.
WEDNESDAY – JUNE 12
If you or someone you love are experiencing any of the following, you should probably give us a call for a complimentary orthodontic evaluation:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Finger sucking or other oral habits
- Crowding, misplaced or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that shift, make sounds, protrude or retrude
- Speech difficulty
- Biting the cheek or biting into the roof of the mouth
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that meet in an abnormal way or don’t meet at all
- Facial imbalance or asymmetry
- Grinding or clenching of teeth
THURSDAY– JUNE 13
EASY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (14-oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken breast, skin removed
- 3 (7-oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, skin removed
- 12-ounce uncooked spaghetti
- 1 (5-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper (about 1 large pepper)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (about 3 medium tomatoes)
- 4 ounces sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bring stock to a boil in a Dutch oven over high. Add chicken to stock. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Cook until a thermometer inserted in thickest piece of chicken registers 160°F, about 25 minutes. Remove chicken; let stand until ready to use. (Inner temperature of chicken will rise as it stands.)
- Return stock to a boil over high. Add pasta to Dutch oven, and cook until just tender, about 9 minutes. Transfer pasta to a medium bowl (reserving stock). Return stock to a boil over high; boil until liquid is reduced to about 2 1⁄2 cups, about 1 minute. Whisk together evaporated milk and flour in a small bowl. Stir into stock; boil until slightly thickened, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt. Pour stock mixture over pasta.
- Return Dutch oven to medium-high heat. Add butter, onion, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; add pasta mixture back to Dutch oven. Shred chicken, discarding bones. (You should have about 4 1⁄2 cups meat.) Add chicken and tomatoes to Dutch oven; toss to coat. Pour mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese. Lightly coat aluminum foil with cooking spray. Cover with foil; bake until cheese is melted, 25 to 30 minutes. (Credit to Southern Living Magazine)
FRIDAY – JUNE 14
Fly your flag proudly today as we celebrate FLAG DAY. Stars and stripes forever!
SMILE POWER DAY
Today is one of our very favorite holidays – it’s SMILE POWER DAY! You know that we believe in the power of the smile. That’s why we do what we do! So, we encourage you to celebrate and let your smile be as powerful as you today!
FATHER’S DAY - Sunday
We wish the Dads of all our patients a Happy Father’s Day this Sunday! Thanks for letting us make your kiddos smile!
MONDAY – JUNE 17
Don’t forget that dogs love chewing on retainers – keep yours in a case when its not in your mouth!
GO AHEAD - TALK ABOUT US
The greatest compliment a patient can pay us is to refer their family and friends to our practice. We thank you for talking about us, and we promise to treat your referrals with the best of care, just as we do you! Share if you would like to refer a friend to our practice!
TUESDAY – JUNE 18
Here’s a great way to celebrate your braces coming off! https://www.facebook.com/thedodosite/videos/1119606271507380/
Why don’t you give some smiles away today too!
WEDNESDAY – JUNE 19
Like and Share if you can spot the bracket that is different in less than 10 seconds!
And we like you JUST the way you are!
THURSDAY – JUNE 20
Did you know that all orthodontists are dentists, but only about 6 percent of dentists are orthodontists? After graduating from dental school, an orthodontist must successfully complete an additional two to three years of education from an accredited orthodontic residency program. So, now you know!
FRIDAY – JUNE 21
Finally – it’s SUMMER! We’re so excited for Summer Solstice. Today is not only the first day of summer for 2019, it also has the most daylight of any day of the year. So, get outside today and enjoy!
NATIONAL SELFIE DAY
It’s National Selfie Day! Show us your best shot – post it on our Instagram or Facebook!!
MONDAY – JUNE 24
Don’t forget to ask us about our sibling discount policy. With that and our excellent financial options, everyone in your family can have a beautiful and healthy smile!
TUESDAY – JUNE 25
WEDNESDAY – JUNE 26
KIDS SAY THE FUNNIEST THINGS
Click the link below for a good laugh!!
Can you go 10 minutes without your device? Can you make it through your next adjustment appointment? Lol!
Take Ralph Waldo Emerson’s advice today and every day!
THURSDAY – JUNE 27
Your future’s so bright, you gotta wear shades! And today is the day for that, its Sunglasses Day. Sunglasses Day was started to educate people on how very important sunglass wear is to eyes. Healthcare professionals recommend sunglasses to protect your eyes from ultraviolet radiation (UV) and blue light, which can cause several different serious eye problems. So, grab a fabulous pair to wear today!
Such a great lesson! Let’s all get out there today and give away smiles to those who don’t have one!
FRIDAY – JUNE 28
SOCIAL MEDIA DAY - Sunday
Like us, tag us, tweet us, snap us, pin us on Sunday …. It’s Social Media Day!!
Today is International Body Piercing Day and a great time for a PSA on oral piercings! The American Dental Association published numerous articles about this, saying that they do not recommend an oral piercing. Why? First, many people who have their tongue pierced play or fiddle with it. They can chip their teeth, fillings, or crowns. Continual contact with the stud can cause your gums to recede and expose the root cavity potentially causing decay and other more serious problems. Then there are obvious health and infection issues from not keeping the pierced site clean enough, especially while the new piercing is healing; bacteria from the mouth can get into the bloodstream.
Oral piercings can lengthen orthodontic treatment time. When the jewelry in your mouth gets hooked to your braces, it can happen so fast that before you know it, you’ve either broken your braces, or worse the jewelry is torn from your tongue or lip. Damaged braces or a massive amount of oral trauma has the potential to add months to your orthodontic treatment. So, our suggestion is to avoid (or remove) oral piercing with braces!